Jonathan Fox, Accountability Politics: Power and Voice in Rural Mexico, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007 . (See: Introduction, Chapter 8, “Comparing_Regional_Councils: Do Invited Spaces Empower?,” Chapter 9, “Accessing Accountability,” Chapter 10, “Exit Followed by Voice: Mexico’s Migrant Civil Society“)
- Reviewed in Comparative Political Studies, Latin American Politics and Society, Journal of Latin American Studies, Journal of Peasant Studies, Development in Practice, The Latin Americanist
Jonathan Fox and Josefina Aranda, Decentralization and Rural Development in Mexico: Community Participation in Oaxaca’s Municipal Funds Program, La Jolla: University of California, San Diego, Center for US-Mexican Studies, 1996.
- Reviewed in Latin American Research Review, Journal of Latin American Studies, Bulletin of Latin American Research
Jonathan Fox, The Politics of Food in Mexico: State Power and Social Mobilization, Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1992.
- Reviewed in American Political Science Review, Contemporary Sociology, Latin American Research Review, Bulletin of Latin American Research, Economic and Political Weekly, Journal of Economic Literature, Journal of Peasant Studies, Choice
- Cornell_University_Press_summary, 1992
- Cornell_University_Press_promo, 1992